It started Sunday night. My son called me in tears from his friends house, complaining of a major headache. At the time I thought it was "just" a migraine. I found out real quick at the doctor on Monday, that it was way more serious. He went straight to the hospital where they found out that he had meningitis. He was in the hospital for a week and luckily it was viral. It's strange how one thing can domino into so many emotions and different events. I have to tell you that I now have way more respect for those parents who deal with special needs children. For 6 of the past 7 days my son needed me 22 hours a day. When it was all said and done, I was proud of myself for getting through it. Here are ten things about last week. Look for lots more this week as I suddenly have a ton of material.
1. Dell Children's hospital is amazing. What a difference a hospital that caters to children makes!!
2. My family constantly amazes me. When I need them the most they are there, and I never have to ask!
3. I always know that I love my son. But this week I realized more then ever, that you have to cherish every moment. Good..Bad..Indifferent.
4. Hospital food really SUCKS. But I never get tired of drinking milk out of those tiny cartons.
5. Everything happens for a reason. I think I have this one figured out.
6. I am feeling very overwhelmed with my life right now, and I am questioning everything!
7. In times like these, you find out who your true friends are.
8. I can no longer handle people in my life who lie.
9. I learned Bunco, I loved Bunco and I hated Bunco. All in a 24 hour period.
10. I wish someone would hold me and tell me that everything is going to be okay.
Side Note: I know all will be better soon. Right now it just feels like more then I can handle.