I get that it's summer. I get that I live in a kid friendly neighborhood. I also understand parents wanting to shove their kids out the doors as early as possible.
Here is what I don't get.
Why are the kids at these lemonade/snack/hey come by my crappy ass koolaid stand, always HEATHENS. I am not just talking about barefoot, I am talking about koolaid mouth, orange cheeto fingered heathens.
No, I don't want to buy $0.10 koolaid out of a dirty dixie cup covered in cheeto remnants. I also am smart enough to know that you don't really want $0.10 you want a dollar. You are not a wholesale koolaid broker. Chances are you barely have change for $0.25. I also don't want to hear you wailing koolaid for a 5 hour period. Here are some things to help you, help your kid in his entrepreneurship.
1. Raise the price of the damn koolaid
2. Show them how to flag down effectively (screaming when my car window is up, isn't working)
3. Set expectations- standing out there at 2pm in the afternoon is only going to get you sunburn
4. Have products for your target market- like jello shots, jager bombs, or cold beer on ice.
5. Let the cool, clean kid do the talking.
Just my $0.02!